Real World Travel Tips

104 comments

Real World Travel Tips from my RTW Trip

It’s very hard for me to believe, but I’ve been traveling for almost a year now. Here are a few travel tips that I’ve learned along the way that will help you get the most from your trip.

The cheapest option may not be best — When I first started traveling, I was a stickler for buying my bus or train tickets at the station to save money. Sometimes this is a good choice but often it isn’t, once you factor in the cost of getting transport to the station and back to your hotel, and the time you’ll lose in transit. That said, with a little research, you can find cheap flights — I’ve found situations where it was cheaper and oh-so faster to fly between major cities.

Your hotel or nearby travel agent will charge you a service fee to book your ticket but it’s often only 10% or so — it’s worth your time to add the costs before you lug yourself out to the station (usually on the edge of town). If you’re only saving fifty cents or a dollar, is it worth the couple of hours you’ll spend in a taxi and waiting in line?

There’s no free ride — No matter how friendly that taxi driver seems or how many times he promises to give you an hour-long tour of all the local sights for only fifty cents, don’t get in the cab. What you’ll get is a wonderful tour of his buddies’ clothing, rug and knick-knack shops where you’ll be pressured into buying over-priced goods.

If you need to catch a cab or tuk tuk, avoid the guys who are sitting outside the hotel — they’re just waiting for a over-priced tourist fare. Walk to the nearest busy road and wave down a driver who’s actually working for a living. You’ll have fewer hassles and pay a fair price.

Dealing with touts — Everywhere I’ve been, there’s always someone trying to sell me something I don’t want. In many places, they’ll merely ask if you need a taxi or whatever snack they’re peddling, then will leave you alone when you say no. There’s no harm in that — they’re just trying to make a living. But in some places they can be very insistent, following you for a block or more and asking you the same thing over and over.

The best way I’ve found to deal with persistent touts is avoid eye contact, give them a brisk, bored shake of your head and make a short cutting motion with your hand while you continue walking. If you engage them with a loud “No!” or a ‘talk to the hand’ gesture, they’ll often continue to pester you just for sport. Act as if you’ve heard their pitch a thousand times and move on. They’ll look for an easier target.

Often, the first questions a tout will ask are “Where are you from?” and “Is this your first time here?” They’re trying to get an idea of how “rich” you are and whether or not you’ve figured out the local pricing yet. Always answer “this is my second visit” — this ends the conversation at least half the time for me.

Never force a fart — This is the cardinal rule of travel. I would have put it at the top of the list but I didn’t want to scare you off — believe me when I say you never ever want to try to sneak one out. No matter how careful you are with your diet, things down south can and will get a little unpredictable on the road, often with no warning. Unless you want to relive my embarrassing experience in Bangkok, save it for the bathroom.

Sit and watch — Find yourself a cafe table at a busy intersection, sit down for an hour or two and watch people going about their daily routine. You’ll learn more about a culture in an hour than you would have on a full-day tour of the local sights.

Smile and make eye contact — I often surprised by the number of tourists I see stomping about with a huge frown on their face and making no attempt to engage or interact with the people they’ve traveled so far to meet. Some people only travel to see “the sights” and are content to visit a few temples or castles, take their photos and go back to the hotel — more power to them, I suppose, but they’re missing over half of the experience.

Meeting the local inhabitants and getting a feel for their culture and what their lives are like is one of the prime motivations for my travels. I try to smile and make eye contact with everyone who looks my way. A brief nod of the head will almost always garner you a smile back and that smile can lead to a conversation, which can lead to… who knows?

I’ve been invited to tea by strangers I’ve met this way, had people bring their children out to show off their English skills, been invited to dinner, force-fed the local booze and have made dozens of friends in the process. When you’re in a foreign land, there’s a good chance that the people there are just as interested in you as you are in them. Make yourself approachable and see where it leads. You’ll be surprised.

Don’t be afraid to look stupid — I’m going to let you in on a secret here: if you’re traveling in a land far from home, the locals already think you’re funny-looking. You’re probably the weirdest thing they’ve ever crossed paths with, so don’t worry about looking foolish — that train has already left the station. Joke around, play the clown and try to get a laugh out of someone. You’ll be amazed at how well you can communicate without a shared language — use gestures and body language to get your idea across. Draw a picture if you have to. Lighten up and have fun.

Get lost — Leave that damned guidebook in the room or bury it in your pack, grab one of the hotel’s business cards, pick a direction and start walking. Get away from the tourist-oriented shops and restaurants and wander into the neighborhoods where people actually live their lives. Don’t be surprised when you pick up a small following of giggling kids or when people bug their eyes out as you pass — foreigners don’t usually wander through these parts. That’s a good thing.

You’ll find families sitting on doorsteps gossiping, kids playing the national sport in the street, and people doing laundry or chopping vegetables. You’ll also find a lot of smiles and people who are happy to show you around their neighborhood, show you how they’re preparing their dinner meal or –and I’ve had this happen– try to convince you to marry their daughter.

If you get really lost, so what? Catch a taxi back to your hotel.

Those are my tips for having a fuller and more in-depth experience while traveling. Let’s hear yours.

{ 104 comments… read them below or add one }

Migrationology February 9, 2011 at 5:53 pm

Great list and travel tips! I’m going to have to say (to go with my street food eating habits) I’m guilty of trying to prematurely sneak them out too. I’ve definitely sharted on more than a few occasions.
Migrationology recently posted..Photo Story- The Real NairobiMy Profile

wes February 10, 2011 at 10:36 am

I’m not the only one! Thanks for the comment.

Dave February 9, 2011 at 6:02 pm

“A brief nod of the head will almost always garner you a smile back and that smile can lead to a conversation, which can lead to… who knows?”

Poker 21, anyone?

Seriously though, I agree with everything on here. Especially the damp farts.
Dave recently posted..Why Top 10 posts make my head explodeMy Profile

wes February 9, 2011 at 6:34 pm

Thanks, man. Really…

Jaime February 9, 2011 at 7:37 pm

These are tips I have not seen any where else. Thank you very much for this. Now that I am about to hit the road in less than 20 days this will be very useful. Thanks for having an awesome blog that has inspired me in so many way.
Jaime recently posted..New Look- New Changes- Same Jaime!!!My Profile

wes February 10, 2011 at 3:47 pm

Thanks, Jaime! Best of luck with your trip. Don’t sweat the details — get out there and have fun :)

Priyank February 9, 2011 at 8:19 pm

Hi Wes,
The ‘don’t be afraid to look stupid’ tip is quite intriguing because I seem to have a habit of doing that. Just couple of weeks back I was in a combi and missed my stop because I didn’t know. Obviously I had to ask the driver in loudest possible voice, much to the combined chuckles and looks of pity on fellow passengers. However, in this bargain, the driver spoke to another driver buddy of his and I got a free ride back to my stop. Meanwhile, the locals got a gringo story of the day to tell everyone. Neat, no?
Priyank recently posted..The things backpackers do in MexicoMy Profile

wes February 10, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Nice! It’s a win-win.

Liv February 9, 2011 at 8:59 pm

Hi Wes

These are very much the travel principles that I live by too when I’m travelling. Too many people are reluctant to stop & watch what’s going on around them and I think, miss the full picture because of that. It’s also a shame to be scared to get lost or look a fool, when that’s often half the fun (for the locals at least!) hehe!
Liv recently posted..10 Free Apps to download before you goMy Profile

wes February 10, 2011 at 3:48 pm

I’m really good at looking the fool — I’m cheap entertainment for people around me :)

Thanks for the comment.

Michael February 9, 2011 at 9:00 pm

my #1 tip?
dive headfirst into the local fare
street hawkers, market stalls, and open-front, low-key plastic chair joints selling just a couple of specialties often offer some of the best local dishes you are likely to find. You can also happily graze from one tasty thing to the next as the prices are low and the portions relatively small. We recently spent a couple of joyous days in Bangkok and really did nothing but eat and drink our way around a few neighborhoods known for amazing local food, it was heaven.

wes February 10, 2011 at 10:40 am

Amen, brother! Street food is half or less the price of a cafe and often twice as good. Chiang Mai is rocking my world with the night markets. Delicious pork and rice for 80 cents? Yes, please.

Peter February 9, 2011 at 9:13 pm

“Don’t be afraid to look stupid.”

I’m glad you brought this up. I remember from my first few trips to Thailand how incredibly self-conscious and stupid I felt. It was if every other traveller I met had this incredible level of self-confidence and assurance which I envied greatly. In reality, they probably all felt exactly the same as I did at one point or another, but I didn’t realise it at the time.

I now know it’s okay to feel a bit silly, but I distinctly remember the feeling from my first few trips abroad, especially when I was travelling by myself.

Oh and you’re spot on about “sharting”. There is never a good time to sneak out a fart.
Peter recently posted..Essential software for your laptopMy Profile

wes February 10, 2011 at 10:41 am

I think we all feel that the first few times. But just fake it ’til ya make it ;)

Matt | YearAroundTheWorld February 9, 2011 at 9:46 pm

I’m a big fan of getting lost too. Wandering away from the center of town will really give you a better idea of life in the area. I’m always pleasantly surprised!

I’ve also had a few mariage proposals too. :)
Matt | YearAroundTheWorld recently posted..VIDEO- Expedition to the MoonMy Profile

wes February 10, 2011 at 10:42 am

Dude! We can have a double marriage ceremony. It’ll be awesome.

Jill - Jack and Jill Travel The World February 9, 2011 at 11:32 pm

Great tips!! We get lost all the time, even with guidebooks in hand, and most of them had turned out to be the highlights of the trip.
Jill – Jack and Jill Travel The World recently posted..Mike and Luci from 1000 Fights — Meet A Traveling CoupleMy Profile

wes February 10, 2011 at 10:43 am

Same here! Good stories often start with a wrong turn. (I just made that up, but it sounds pretty smart, huh?)

Joseph February 10, 2011 at 12:53 am

Great post as always…and to follow up on the “don’t be afraid to look stupid” I’m pretty sure that if I will have some music source, I will dance my ass off on the streets of wherever :D

wes February 10, 2011 at 10:45 am

That’s the spirit!

Christy @ Technosyncratic February 10, 2011 at 1:16 am

Good tip on how to dissuade touts (using the “this is my second time visiting” line). And I really like the tip to “sit and watch”… I love doing that anyways, but often during travel we forget to slow the heck down!
Christy @ Technosyncratic recently posted..Our WORST RV Disaster EverMy Profile

wes February 10, 2011 at 10:46 am

It’s easy to get caught up in the “must see this next” mindset — we all do it. There’s just so much to see and do.

Thanks for the comment.

ayngelina February 10, 2011 at 1:36 am

I nearly forgot about the fart story – priceless!
ayngelina recently posted..Hare Krishna villages are not hippie ashramsMy Profile

wes February 10, 2011 at 10:46 am

Oh, I wish *I* could forget about it ;)

regina February 10, 2011 at 1:47 am

Thanks for adding some real content to these travel tips, (see Dave….)

wes February 10, 2011 at 10:47 am

Thanks, Regina. I hope they’re helpful — often posts of this kind are really just click-bait, so I wanted to do something different.

Phil February 10, 2011 at 2:19 am

All of these are excellent, but ‘never force a fart’ is indeed the cardinal rule of travel.
Phil recently posted..A Guide to Music in West Africa- Mali Part IIIMy Profile

wes February 10, 2011 at 10:48 am

At last! We agree on something ;) Hope all is well in your part of the world, Phil.

Michael Hodson February 10, 2011 at 2:51 am

Wes, a friend of my father’s once told me, wisely, “never trust a fart… never waste a…..” And I will fill you in on that wisdom over drinks soon, since it is not fit for family publication, which is how I see your blog ;)
Michael Hodson recently posted..My Love of BocceMy Profile

wes February 10, 2011 at 10:48 am

Oh yeah, definitely a family publication. Thanks for keeping it clean ;)

Maria February 10, 2011 at 3:41 am

Thanks for this and I agree, people watching for an hour or so per day is the best entertainment but more often than not, it’s the best teacher
Maria recently posted..Red ThreadsMy Profile

wes February 10, 2011 at 10:49 am

Very well said. Thanks!

paula February 10, 2011 at 4:51 am

I have just discovered your site and I absolutely adore it. Thanks to you I think I can attempt use the bathroom anywhere in the world! I am a 58yr old woman about to take my first trip outside the US. I decided to get my feet wet with a Viking Nile tour of Egypt with my 80yr. old father; so far my travel instincts are spot on, huh? Anyway. After this trip I want an authentic travel experience and plan to go to Central America. Solo, frugal and spontaneous. If I am well equiped with travel guides, etc is it advisable and/or possible to travel w/o a laptop, phone, etc?

wes February 10, 2011 at 10:51 am

Thank you so much! Glad your enjoying it.

Internet cafes and hotels with PCs are very common, though I’ve yet to make it Central America myself. I think you can easily leave the laptop and phone behind if you just want to check email and Facebook from time to time. Most all computers come equipped with Skype and a headset, so you can call home for pennies, too. And you won’t have to worry about your expensive equipment all the time.

Have fun out there!

Nick Laborde February 10, 2011 at 6:08 am

Thanks for the not so common (real World) advice that I usually don’t see. “Never force a fart” being a prime example. That is something I would rather not learn the hard way.
Nick Laborde recently posted..Time doesn’t freakin matter- results doMy Profile

wes February 10, 2011 at 10:51 am

Thanks, Nick. It’s a shocker ;)

andi February 10, 2011 at 7:48 am

Oh gosh, you never surprise me with your words that for sure! ;-)

Getting lost is one of the best ways to travel!!! Let the wind blow you in a new and unplanned direction.
andi recently posted..Meet My Fiance- LucasMy Profile

wes February 10, 2011 at 10:52 am

I try :)

Thanks for the kind comment, Andi. And congrats on the engagement!

Laurence February 10, 2011 at 8:38 am

As others have commented, great tips :) Particularly fond of the fart advice, will keep that in mind for sure. And I’m a big fan of getting lost, I have toured countless parts of suburbia in my ongoing travels thus far..
Laurence recently posted..Travel blogging tips from the experts- Adventures with BenMy Profile

wes February 10, 2011 at 10:54 am

Nice! Aimless wandering is the way to go. Thanks for the comment.

Marsha February 10, 2011 at 10:50 am

Great advice, Wes! Can’t wait to get lost in my next destination!
Marsha recently posted..A Single Snapshot- Lower Lola Montez Lake- Tahoe National ForestMy Profile

wes February 10, 2011 at 10:55 am

You can blame it on me :)

Andrea February 10, 2011 at 11:12 am

Agh…SO many frowny travellers right now where we are. Why are these scowly people dominating the hostel common rooms? Excellent tips, so honest, and loved the fart one =)
Andrea recently posted..What You’ll See on a Milford Sound TourMy Profile

wes February 10, 2011 at 11:49 am

Weird, isn’t it? “You’re traveling the world — cheer up!”

Thanks for the comment.

Brooks February 10, 2011 at 11:44 am

Spot on! Random wandering is the best way to discover a city and taking the business card is something I always seem to forget…much to my chagrin! Also moving taxi/tuk-tuk/cyclo/etc. drivers are always the better choice.
Brooks recently posted..Similans Preview – Ornate Ghost PipefishMy Profile

wes February 10, 2011 at 11:50 am

Heh, I forget to grab one about half the time. And then usually can’t even remember the name of the place…

Sofia - As We Travel February 10, 2011 at 1:26 pm

A year already?! Time goes by so fast..

Agree with them all.
About nr 3, I’ve found that wearing sunglasses also makes a big difference, as it’s harder for them to know if they have your eye contact or not.

wes February 10, 2011 at 3:50 pm

Ah, yes! Very good point.

Scott February 10, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Yep, I agree … so much can be accomplished with a smile and good body language. It also never hurts to always ask ladies around your age any questions you may have, there is always a natural receptiveness there.
Scott recently posted..Backpacker Would Hate to See Anything Happen to Nelson Mandela- But My Profile

Eli February 10, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Awesome tips, Wes. I will remember, from this day forward, to NEVER force a fart. That might be the single best travel tip I’ve ever heard. I can’t believe I missed the original post for that – hilarious!
Eli recently posted..A Newbie’s Guide To Budget Travel PackingMy Profile

wes February 10, 2011 at 5:06 pm

You’ll thank me one day ;)

Nomadic Chick February 10, 2011 at 5:23 pm

My eyes mist over at the Thailand fart story. Weren’t you wearing unforgivable fabric at the same time?

These tips are useful for life in general if you ask me. How often do we not sit at a cafe to watch the world because we’re too busy doing errands? Or rarely wander from our own neighborhood?

Great application to life and travel, Wes.

wes February 10, 2011 at 5:34 pm

Good point, Jeannie. I’ll have to rewrite the title now. :)

And yes, I was wearing some ridiculous hi-tech clothing. Disaster.

Michelle February 10, 2011 at 7:02 pm

A year of travel….little jealous. Comedy in a travellers tea cup!

Just started blogging can you give me any tips.

Michelle recently posted..Vision of VeniceMy Profile

Laura February 10, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Great tips. I definitely agree about not getting into a taxi if the price is too good to be true. And, yes, get lost!
Laura recently posted..Ubud- Rice Fields and RejuvenationMy Profile

wes February 11, 2011 at 10:26 am

“One hour, ten baht!”

Thanks, Laura :)

Julia February 10, 2011 at 9:02 pm

I love getting lost and just sitting in cafes and watching the world go by, the best ways to see some of the ‘real’ culture in any place. Congrats on one year of travel!
Julia recently posted..Photo of the Week- Sunset in Sri LankaMy Profile

wes February 11, 2011 at 10:26 am

Thanks, Julia.

Leslie (Downtown Traveler) February 10, 2011 at 10:21 pm

Great advice! I’m not sure about the farting tip but I agree that the cheapest option is sometimes not the best. It can be worth upgrading to a second class bus or train for a few more bucks!
Leslie (Downtown Traveler) recently posted..Valentine’s Day Guide- The Most Romantic New York City LandmarksMy Profile

wes February 11, 2011 at 10:25 am

Totally agree. Sometimes a dollar or two can be the difference between an AC minivan and a chicken bus. It pays to weigh your options.

Michael February 11, 2011 at 3:50 am

btw, really nice banner photo on this post
just sayin’

wes February 11, 2011 at 10:23 am

Thanks! It’s from Bhaktapur, Nepal.

Kat - three six five February 11, 2011 at 7:57 am

great tips! love the “don’t force a fart” one, especially true in India – this reminds me of the FAR from romantic trip my boyfriend and I made to the Taj Mahal…
Kat – three six five recently posted..Day 285-286- A window of sunshine at Arthurs PassMy Profile

wes February 11, 2011 at 10:24 am

Oh noes! That sounds like a story…

Kat - three six five February 12, 2011 at 11:53 am

it’s not pretty but it’s here if you want it http://bit.ly/gRAgTB

wes February 13, 2011 at 10:23 am

Ouch. Yeah, that doesn’t sound like fun :(

Travelogged February 11, 2011 at 9:06 am

Congrats on your year of travel! These are great tips, whether you’re traveling for a week or a year…
Travelogged recently posted..Ringling in Bloom- Floral Arrangements Inspired by MasterpiecesMy Profile

wes February 11, 2011 at 10:24 am

Thank you very much.

Erica February 11, 2011 at 12:06 pm

WES – you should know, in the land of margaritas, salsa, and bean burritos – that a fart should never be forced!
Erica recently posted..Not a VacationMy Profile

wes February 11, 2011 at 2:00 pm

Hey, things happen!

Theodora February 11, 2011 at 4:06 pm

These are great tips. Especially the one about taking your hotel’s location with you before getting lost (something I do all the time, inadvertently, anyway).

And, erm, why on earth would you force a fart? Crikey!
Theodora recently posted..Help! I’m Location IndependentMy Profile

wes February 11, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Ummm…. maybe it’s a guy thing?

Theodora February 11, 2011 at 4:55 pm

Ah! Humour (adopts Queen Victoria voice). I thought it was something you might do on public transport. Where we ladies, of course, do quite the reverse. Going to check your BKK story now.
Theodora recently posted..Help! I’m Location IndependentMy Profile

wes February 11, 2011 at 4:59 pm

Don’t do it!

Erica McGillivray February 12, 2011 at 6:31 am

Love these tips. I completely second “Get Lost.” When I was 16 and aboard for the first time, I got lost with some of my travel group (other US teens) in London & we saw so much more of the city & had a unique & awesome experience. (Much to the chaperone’s freak-out.)
Erica McGillivray recently posted..Favorite female character in a children’s show- Sarah Jane Smith Day ElevenMy Profile

wes February 12, 2011 at 10:19 am

Ahhh, what a nice way to discover London. Well done.

Micah February 12, 2011 at 12:15 pm

Great tips here, Wes. Crazy that you’ve been on the road for almost a year! Have you thought of doing an updated budget post? How much has the year cost, etc?
Micah recently posted..How to Pick Your Next BackpackMy Profile

wes February 13, 2011 at 10:22 am

Thanks, Micah… that’s a great idea, though I admit that I’m a little scared to actually add up all the numbers ;)

Lauren February 12, 2011 at 1:15 pm

I loved your tips – informative and comedic! I can’t wait to travel Southeast Asia. So far nearly all of my travels have been to ‘First World’ countries. I have so much more to see. Your writings spark my imagination and keeping me dreaming of all the places I hope to visit!
Lauren recently posted..The Job HuntMy Profile

wes February 13, 2011 at 10:21 am

Thank you Laura! You’ll love SE Asia — sweet people, great food and so much to do and see.

Pirate63 February 13, 2011 at 6:32 am

Congrats on being a year on the road,great tips,the best one we use is to go out are way to get lost,the expirences we have with the locals are amazing,you have got to feel sorry for the travelers that our looking out of a aircon bus window not connecting with the country they have spent big money to come to
Keep up the good work Wes

wes February 13, 2011 at 10:19 am

Thank you! Time flies, as the saying goes and I’m definitely having fun.

Odysseus February 14, 2011 at 6:45 pm

There are some places in the world where smiling and making eye contact is not such a great idea for a solo woman. In some of the more conservative countries, I only smile at other women, but maybe I’m just being overly cautious.
Odysseus recently posted..Arrival in IndiaMy Profile

James Clark February 17, 2011 at 10:00 am

Ahh yes, I still love that Bangkok fart story. I have found that fart jokes are universally funny.

wes February 19, 2011 at 8:30 am

The world’s oldest joke.

Great finaly meeting you in Chiang Mai, James. Hope all is well.

Aaron Schubert February 17, 2011 at 5:16 pm

Great post mate, well written. There is plenty of good information here to learn from. I guess it is very easy to get caught through different cultural differences!

Aaron
Aaron Schubert recently posted..Wireless Hill PicnicsMy Profile

wes February 19, 2011 at 8:29 am

Yeah, there are plenty of things to trip you up. But that’s half the fun.

Rebecca February 19, 2011 at 4:01 pm

My fave tip: smile and make eye contact. So true! It can open you up to experiences you’d never get if your heads down – like being invited into someone’s home for a cup of tea, or someone showing you a secret way to do something the way the locals do.
Rebecca recently posted..Photo of the Week- Ziplining in Costa RicaMy Profile

Joe Le Merou February 22, 2011 at 12:58 am

Some cool tips here, thanks for this !
Joe Le Merou recently posted..Father and sonMy Profile

wes February 23, 2011 at 8:18 am

Hope they help. Thanks for the comment.

Bocas Del Toro Panama Backpacker March 3, 2011 at 10:53 am

LOL at Never force a fart! I agree and what’s worse, it might be the first impression you make as a tourist which is totally off. I guess the best thing to do if this happens is “Smile and make eye contact ” :)

Great post Wes!
Bocas Del Toro Panama Backpacker recently posted..bahia del solMy Profile

Taavi March 8, 2011 at 2:15 am

Love the farting tip. I will try now to take it really seriously :)
Taavi recently posted..Europe according to different stereotypesMy Profile

wes March 9, 2011 at 10:10 am

it’s an important one ;)

Paul March 17, 2011 at 2:40 pm

To follow never forcing a fart, I highly, highly recommend always carrying a roll of toilet paper.
Paul recently posted..I Love Me Some ChickenbusesMy Profile

wes March 18, 2011 at 12:39 pm

Amen, Paul. Amen.

Marti (Wrabbit) April 20, 2011 at 10:29 am

Getting lost is my favorite part of traveling! You get to experience things that you NEVER would have if you’d stuck to the beaten path. Over the course of “getting lost” I have gotten to meet a voodoo priest who introduced me to his albino python that lived in a dog basket in his apartment living room, get toured around New Orleans by an 80-year-old city native who took me to a restaurant where they sang and danced as they handed me my food, party in an all-black hip-hop club in New York (and I was the ONLY white girl in there), and do almond-flavored tequila shots on a stranger’s porch in Isla Mujeres, Mexico. I find myself purposely getting lost when I travel now, just to see what will happen. I’ve never been asked to marry someone’s daughter, though! ;)
Marti (Wrabbit) recently posted..8 Swim with a dolphinMy Profile